Sunday, August 13, 2017

HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PROTEIN PANCAKES


HELLOOOOO EVERYONE!!  Long-time, no see!  I know, I know… I’m soooo sorry.  It’s been crazy times at the Glidewell house. 
Right when I started this blog in March-ish, and intended to go full-force, we stumbled upon our little dream home.  It’s a tiny log cabin with 3.5 acres, of which about 2/3 is wooded, in an amazing location with an incredible school system.  Hard to turn down, right?
I recently read a random Facebook article (which may or may not be reliable) that millennials are choosing the homes they purchase based primarily upon the needs of their dog.  #guilty  Haha, not really.  But Moses Glidewell is absolutely in love with his new home!  It’s seriously GSP (German short-haired pointer) heaven out here.  He is living his God-given purpose of pointing out birds and bunnies, and running through he woods being the poky little puppy that he is.  It’s precious, and he melts my heart. 
We have TONS of work to do on this new home, so we’ve been busy to say the least.  But we’re rocking a steady pace at this point, so it’s time for me to dive back in and start sharing on the blog! 
I’m so excited to be back with you.  If you have any questions about health, fitness, or faith that you’d like to have answered, OR if you have a suggestion for a blog post you’d like to see, please send me a message through the Contact button below, and I’ll be happy to oblige! J



Lately, Andy and I have been obsessed with sleeping in on Saturdays, having coffee on the porch, then making brunch.  And this weekend, I made the BEST protein pancakes that I’ve ever had.  So I thought I’d share…



CHOCOLATE PROTEIN PANCAKES
-1 cup paleo baking mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
-2 scoops chocolate plant-based protein powder (I use this)
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp sea salt
-2 eggs (flax eggs or egg replacer for vegan)
-1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I use Califa)
-1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
-2 tsp honey or pure maple (plus more for topping)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-Coconut oil or ghee to coat pan
-Almond butter, peanut butter, banana, chocolate chips, or other toppings (optional)

Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.  Heat your griddle to 350℉.   Melt coconut oil or ghee in the griddle to prevent the pancakes from sticking.  Measure out ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle, giving each pancake enough space to slightly spread.  After a few minutes, when bubbles begin to appear in the middle of each pancake and the edges are beginning to brown, flip the pancake using a spatula.  Expect it to take longer than your average pancake to cook.  Cook for another 2-3 minutes on this side, and then serve immediately.  I enjoyed my Chocolate Protein Pancakes topped with a spoonful of almond butter (Barney almond butter is by far the best) and drizzled with honey.  Incredible!

Tastes and feels super indulgent, but with tons of protein rather than sugar.  Let me know how you love it!!



No comments :

Post a Comment