Sunday, March 12, 2017

GLUTEN-FREE S'MORES SKILLET COOKIE CAKE


Okay guys.  I'm so sorry.  I just want to apologize up front for this recipe!  It's SO EASY and TOO GOOD.  Disclaimer:  It is NOT healthy.

BUT it was a big hit on social media, and many of you were asking for the recipe.  I've felt led to start a blog for a LONG time (I'll write a blog post on this later) but didn't know where to start...and YOU gave me somewhere to start. 😍  So thank you!

Now that that's out of the way, let's get to the good stuff!  Everyone needs/deserves a treat now and again.  And this is a GREAT one.  These are the products I used for this semi-homemade dessert.




Gluten-Free S'mores Skillet Cookie Cake
1.  Mix cookie dough together according to package instructions
2.  Spray a cast iron skillet with non-stick spray (I used coconut oil spray), and flatten dough into the skillet
3.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to brown (It may seem a bit gooey in the middle, but it will continue to cook in the cast iron skillet, and we don't want it to get too crispy or burn)
4.  Let cool (approximately 30 minutes)
5.  Spread marshmallow creme over the top of the cooled cookie cake, and break apart Hershey's bar into pieces to scatter on top of marshmallow creme
6.  Place under the broiler on the top rack of the oven until the marshmallow is brown and toasty
7.  Enjoy!  Consider adding a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream...you're welcome.



In the future, I plan to make this PALEO!  It won't be hard at all.  In fact, I typically only cook and bake paleo at home, but I was running through Walmart for a last minute game night with some friends and had to work with what I had.  I already use an amazing paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe by Danielle Walker, and I've found paleo/vegan marshmallows and chocolate bars at Whole Foods and Natural Grocers.  I'll post the paleo version the next time I make this deliciousness!

I can't wait for you to make this at home, and give me your thoughts in the comments!!  Even if you don't typically eat gluten-free, you're still going to LOVE this recipe.  S'mores are for EVERYONE...even without gluten.  Also, let's keep in touch!  Click the Contact button below, and feel free to ask me anything!  I'd also love your suggestions and ideas for future blog posts.  I'm here for YOU!

No comments :

Post a Comment